Great Falls Area Chamber Ag Committee Scholarship
The Ag Committee of the Great Falls Chamber of Commerce awards four $1,000 scholarships on an annual basis to individuals in Great Falls and Golden Triangle counties seeking a career in the agriculture industry. Scholarships are for school year 2018-2019: two to students attending an accredited college, university, or technical school and two to graduating high school seniors planning to attend college full time next year.
Ag Committee Scholarships are awarded on a yearly basis, and you must reapply annually. The awards are usually disbursed in one lump sum. Scholarships are shown as credits on your bill and funds are designated for payment of tuition, fees, books and supplies first. You must be planning to enroll at college or technical school and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
High School and College/Technical school students from the Great Falls and golden triangle counties who are planning to attend a college or technical school full time next year.
Application deadline: The application and all documents must be received by December 15, 2017.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS:
Each of the following items must be completed for an application to be considered:
• Scholarship Application: Complete the application form (on reverse side) in its entirety.
• Personal Statement: Summarize why you chose your major, field of study or trade and how you will apply your additional education in support of the agricultural industry. Examples include obstacles overcome, short-term goals, long-term goals, financial need, recent honors or awards, and any other information you believe is relevant to the selection committee. (Please type and limit to one page).
• One Letter of Recommendation: Submit one letter from an instructor, or from a personal reference, such as an employer, pastor, supervisor, etc. The letter must include the name, address, and telephone number of person making recommendation.
• Summary of Leadership, Honors, & Volunteer Activities: List recent leadership responsibilities, honors, activities, scholarships and community volunteer service on a separate sheet of paper. (Please type and limit to one page)
• Current Unofficial Transcripts: New freshmen must submit a current high school transcript. Students already enrolled in college or technical school must submit the most recent college/technical school transcript.
PLEASE MAIL OR SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Great Falls Chamber of Commerce
Ag Committee Scholarship
100 1st Ave North
Great Falls, MT 59401