Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation strongly supported nationally by volunteers. The Foundation provides financial assistance in the form of scholarships to deserving sons and daughters of current or former United States Marines in their pursuit of higher education. One year scholarships (ranging from $1000 to $10000) are awarded annually and are limited to undergraduate students at accredited educational/technical institutions.
APPLICANTS MUST BE THE CHILD OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- GPA of at least 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2018 tax year that does not exceed $95,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income
- Planning to attend an accredited undergraduate college or career training school in the upcoming academic year. We verify accreditation through College Navigator. Students attending schools not listed in College Navigator will not be eligible for an award.
Application available on-line at: https://www.mcsf.org/scholarship/Deadline: New applications are available annually January 1 - March 1