|Great Falls Public Library
Great Falls, MT
|Location: Off Campus|
This position at the Great Falls Public Library involves working directly with children and young adults and their parents or caregivers. This position includes providing assistance to patrons and supporting Library programming.
• Staffing Kids Place by assisting patrons and documenting service statistics
• Assisting in the implementation of programming for children from birth through 18 years of age (Programs include weekly Story Time and Toddler Time, Summer Reading Program, and other special programming)
• Contribute to making the Great Falls Public Library environment welcoming and inviting place by shelving materials as needed, ensuring that Library public spaces are organized and stocked appropriately, making displays, and enforcing Great Falls Public Library policies.
• Other work as assigned
Requirements of Work
• Ability to establish positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
• Ability to work well with children and families
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Maintains files in orderly and efficient manner
• Deals tactfully, respectfully and effectively with patrons and staff
• Compiles requested materials, lists, statistics and related information quickly and accurately
• Effectively promotes enthusiasm for library services
Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are interested in this position: email@example.com or 406-771-4334
Skills: Must have ability to perform moderate physical work and lift and carry up to 50 pounds at a time; ability to talk and hear in person or by telephone; ability to see and read materials.