Columbia Falls School District 6 Scholarship
The employees of SD #6 offer a yearly scholarship to district graduates majoring in education. Monthly and annual donations accumulate throughout the school year to provide recognition of scholastic and service achievement and financial support to future educators. The value of the award varies, depending on the amount of contributions.
- Columbia Falls High
- School graduate currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution
- Pursuing elementary or secondary education certification
- Earned a minimum of 60 semester/ 90 quarter credits in accredited institutions by end of current school year
- College cumulative grade point average 3.0+
- Working toward first Bachelor degree
- Intending to enroll fall semester as a full time student (12+ credit hours)
NOTE: At the time of payment of the award, the recipient must be a full-time student (registered and enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits). Award will be made to the recipient upon verification of fall registration and payment of classes.
- Completed application cover sheet (details below)
- Personal statement (please limit to no more than 1000 words; details below)
- Current official college transcript
- Current or most recently completed class schedule
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: one from a college instructor or advisor & one from an education field experience supervisor (classroom teacher)
- Resume´ of past and current civic and school activities, honors, and experiences.
Application Cover Sheet
Please include the following information:
- Permanent address
- Current telephone & Email
- CFHS graduating class
- Current school attending
- Current class (year) standing
- Intended major
- Expected date of graduation (month/year)
Personal Statement: please address the following – 1) What attracted you to the education profession? 2) What are your immediate (upon graduation) and long-term career plans? 3) What educational issue do you believe is of greatest concern to our profession and how would you attempt to address it? 4) Sign and date your statement.
Compile and attach all required material in order listed above ("Application Requirements").
- PLEASE do not use a 3-ringed notebook; portfolio folder is preferred.
Send application materials to:Career Center
Columbia Falls High School
Columbia Falls, MT 59912 Deadline: Deadline: RECEIVED in the CFHS Career Center by 3:30 p.m. on the FIRST WEEKDAY in June.